02 03 Christine's Crafting Space: JULY SWAP CARD CHALLENGE 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

JULY SWAP CARD CHALLENGE

34
Today I am sharing my card which I made for a Swap Card Challenge I belong to on Facebook.

For the month of July our host asked us to make a 'POP UP PANEL CARD' in our choice of colour etc. We were given a link to a YouTube tutorial by Kevin Devine.

A lengthy tutorial which I tried to follow but a few attempts later and not 'getting it' one of the members of the group posted her YouTube tutorial.

I watched this many times and finally decided to try again.

This time it was a result although not as perfect as I would have liked.






















I chose So Saffrom A4 Card for my base, this was the easy bit, the hard part was yet to come!

You have to make a seperate piece for the main workings of the card, this proved to be that hardest thing to make!

I used lovely  DSP papers for both the outside cover and the inner covers in colours of So Saffron, Calypso Coral and Pool Party.
These are still current colours in the Subtles Range.

I added a few Dies Cut's from my stash and the small butterflies are the Papillion Potpourri Stamps and matching punch. These two items are still current.

I know my swap partner has received it and her comments made me feel very pleased.

A tough challenge set by our Group host and I don't think it will be a design I will be trying again in the near future.

I hope you like my card and thanks for popping by today.

Christine xx

Product List

Labels:

35 36 37 38